Is what I owe to those of you who so faithfully check my little corner of the internet. Since coming back from my Christmas vacation, life has taken on its own proportions, and I haven't felt that I have anything compelling to share. That first week I felt like I was trying to run a marathon after sitting on the coach for two weeks.
Then last week, I was fortunate enough to have the flu which basically incapacitated me for a day or two. This weekend I have been trying to get some sense of my life. I'm not sure if it's the fact that Christmas is over and January is here in full force or if it is the amount of time that I've been spending alone, but I've definitely been doing some introspection. December flew by, and I missed writing about my one-year blogging anniversary and what a wonderful, refreshing time I had with my family at Christmas. New Year's Eve and Day came and went. I had a great time with my friends, but didn't really write anything on here about all the amazing changes that have taken place in my life over the last year: speaking at a workshop at a women's conference, serving on the women's ministry team at my church in PA, moving to Chicago, living near my family, etc. Now it's the middle of January, too late for resolutions (thank goodness, I'm terrible at keeping them), but not too late to think about the year ahead.
Today I had the day off, so I met a friend for lunch and a movie (Dreamgirls ... it was good) in the suburbs. I drove back in the snow, came into my apartment, so grateful for its homey warmth, lit some candles, put on Norah Jones, and decided to write a little bit.
Here are some of the things I hope happen this year ...Read moreWatch less TVInvest in friendships hereLove my girls moreSee my family more frequentlyGet out and enjoy the cityFind joy in the little thingsEat healthier foodsPursue Christ more whole-heartedlyLook more like Him in January 2008 then I do in January 2007.
A late Happy New Year to you all ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment