Thursday, December 7, 2006

My eyeball has a problem ...

It has been a crazy day! My fellow RSs and I spent our day putting on a Christmas party for our RA staff, but in the midst of it, I had to run to the eye doctor because my eyeball was hurting. It woke me up yesterday morning at 5 a.m. because it hurt so badly. I can't really explain what the problem is exactly except to say there is a crevice in my cornea. As the doctor sat there and told me that it was good thing that I had come in or that it would have turned into an ulcer, I started getting extremely lightheaded and nauseous. I never handle bad medical news well ... and this wasn't even serious ... yet.

Oh my word! On the cab ride back to the church where we were setting up for the party, I went with my initial response when I'm feeling the need for a little sympathy ... I called my mom and watched the cab driver listen as I told my mom about my eye ailment.

After I got back to the church, we were in high gear: folding napkins, hanging ornaments, setting tables, snapping a lot of green beans, changing into dress clothes, lighting candles, greeting RAs, serving plates of food, opening presents, cleaning up, and returning a van. Now I'm home resting my feet and hoping for a pain-free night of sleep. Tomorrow night ... babysitting my nephews ... always an adventure!

Here are some pictures from tonight ... note the glasses, which are due to the eye complications. Yes, they are five years old. I was informed tonight that they are back in style. Good thing I kept my retro glasses.

No comments: